• Maintain a daily presence at the state capitol during the legislative session.
• Bring together the best and brightest including legislators, attorneys, law professors, and Second Amendment experts, to craft sound public policy.
• Provide research and wording to legislators for Second Amendment legislation.
• Organize grassroots to support pro-Second Amendment legislation.
• Educate legislators, the media, and the public about the Founders’ intent concerning the Second Amendment.
Oklahoma was the 15th state to recognize a citizen’s right to self-preservation. HB2597, known as constitutional carry, was signed into law February 27, 2019. It goes into effect November 1st 2019.
This was one of OK2a’s premiere legislative accomplishments, but there’s still more to be done. We would like to thank the State Legislature and Governor Stitt for working together to return this important achievement.
• Commercial gun ranges are immune from liability when an accident occurs at no fault of the range or its personnel.
• SDA permit holders may now keep their weapon locked in their vehicle while at a K-12 school or a career tech campus.
• The governing bodies of private schools now may set weapons policies for their facilities.
• Oklahoma is now an open carry state.
• In total, the Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association has helped pass almost 40 different pro-gun measures through the legislative process. No other 2A group in Oklahoma can boast such a resume.
Yes, there are other “gun groups” in Oklahoma, but no other gun-rights group in Oklahoma has achieved the record of success that OK2A has. As the only group with a daily presence at the State Capitol (not even the NRA can say that), we have worked tirelessly to advance the rights of gun owners in Oklahoma, and it has paid off.
The anti-gun socialist has filed another frivolous lawsuit against your constitutional rights! We told you...Read More
In addition to the United States Constitution, each state has its own constitution and therefore, its own body of constitutional law as well. State constitutions resemble the federal Constitution in that they outline the state government’s structure of legislative, executive and judicial branches as well as contain a bill of rights. The details in state constitutions often address topics unique to the state and are more open to amendments.
In recent years, state constitutions have become the focal point of controversies regarding topics like same-sex marriage, eminent domain reform, resistance to health care reform, gun control, free speech on private property, equal education funding, school vouchers, recall of elected officials and many other important matters of public policy. Download the Oklahoma Constitution.
It is important to know the law, especially if you make the decision every day to carry in order to protect yourself and those around you. Download the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.
Do you print out your own targets? Here are some “liberty targets” for you to punch holes in.